Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Short Movie: Old Jet Fighter (MiG-21 F-13)

MiG-21 F-13 jet fighter

Old picture of the actual aircraft in use!

Two weeks ago I was filming in Noord-Holland and when we drove from one location to the next, someone spotted something very unusual in the backyard of an old farmhouse. This old jet fighter from the Czech Air Force, I believe a MiG-21 F-13 Fishbed. I thought it was pretty unusual so we stopped and I went to see if anyone was home. Luckily the owner answered the door and I asked him if it was OK to film his jet fighter in his backyard. He had no problem with it, so I went back to the car to change lenses on the camera.

I wanted to film this aircraft with the Tokina 12-24mm ultra wide lens on the NEX-FS100 and used a Novoflex adapter to mount the lens to the camera. We didn't have much time, so I quickly shot some footage and we went on to the next location.

I made a (very) short movie from the footage I shot and you can see the result below.



No comments:

Post a Comment