Blogger Widgets

Friday, October 21, 2011

Autumn Forrest - NEX-FS100 & Steadicam Merlin

I've made a new short film with the NEX-FS100 on the Steadicam Merlin.
It's called "Autumn Forest" and yes, I came up with the title! What... you don't like it? Alright, specially for you I have another title: "Lots and Lots of Leaves on the Ground".


The lens I used on the Sony NEX-FS100 is the E-mount 16mm F2.8 pancake lens (SEL1628) with the Ultra Wide converter (VCL-ECU1). I bought this lens specifically for the Steadicam, because of the auto iris and focus. Which isn't a luxury at all when you consider that you'll need both hands to operate the Steadicam.

This is the second Steadicam video I created with the FS100. You can watch the first video here. In response to this video The Tiffen Company posted an article about my Steadicam experience. I think the NEX-FS100 and the Steadicam Merlin are a perfect combo. Thanks to the modular design of the FS100, you can strip it down so you're left with a relatively small box camera. The pancake lens is also very light, even with the wide converter attached. So it sits perfectly on the Merlin and remains light enough for flying it handheld.


No comments:

Post a Comment