Video of the Steadicam Merlin 2 in action
Tiffen unveiled their brand-new Steadicam Merlin 2 camera stabilizer system at CES 2012 earlier this year. It looks a lot like the original Steadicam Merlin, but it's more robust and has some functional refinements.
Here are a few new features:
- The Gezornenplatz screw has been replaced with a multi-positionable lens support platform for long lenses. It's also much easier to pronounce then "Gezornenplatz screw" to be honest. ;)
- New ergonomic handle for comfortable left or right-handed use.
- Some aluminium parts have been replaced with stainless steel.
- More precise Folding-Caliper hinge release with a spring
- Multi-angle viewable level.
- Stronger locking mechanism .
- Larger easily adjustable knobs.
- Redesigned bottom stage with less play
- Robust stage design with camera plate safety stops.
- Secure metal interconnect to Merlin arm post.
There's also a new optional accessory, the Merlin Camera Controller for the original Merlin and the Steadicam Merlin 2.
|The new Steadicam Merlin 2|
|Merlin Camera Controller|
|Robust stage design with camera plate safety stops|